6 SIMPLE KETTLEBELL EXERCISES
6 SIMPLE EXERCISES WITH A KETTLEBELL
A kettlebell is the ultimate training tool for intense and explosive workouts, when you want to combine strength, cardio and flexibility and also challenge your abdominal muscles and your grip. This full body workout includes 6 exercises with 12 repetitions that are repeated 4 times, before moving on to the next exercise. Try this workout at home, at the gym or outdoors - all you need is a kettlebell.
1. THRUSTERS WITH KETTLEBELL
Hold the kettlebell with both hands against your chest. Go down in a deep squat position and press up again to standing. When your get back up continue to press your arms straight up into the air.
2. BENT OVER ROW WITH KETTLEBELL
Bend over, activate your core and make sure that you keep a straight back. Hold the kettlebell in the handles. Pull the kettlebell against your chest and return back to startposition. Make sure to press the shoulder blades together at the top of the exercise and that your chest is pressed forward.
3. SHOULDER PRESS WITH KETTLEBELL
Hold the kettlebell with one hand and the other hand in the waist. Press your arm straight up above your head and then return back to the start position. Repeat on the other side.
4. BACKDROP LUNGE WITH KETTLEBELL
Stand with both feet close together, step back with one leg at a time, bend and stretch in a lunge. Make sure that your knees stays in 90 degrees angle. TRAIN WITH tip: rotate slight backwards in the bottom of the exercise to activate back thigh and butt.
5. RUSSIAN TWIST WITH KETTLEBELL
Sit in a sit ups position. Draw your belly button inwards towards your back and squeeze your legs together. Rotate the kettlebell from one side to the other. The more you bend backwards, the more challenging the exercise will be.
6. STRAIGHT DEADLIFTS WITH KETTLEBELL
Stand with the kettlebell in betwwen your feet. Bend forward with a straight back and active core and sligthly bent knees. Pick the kettlebell up from the ground, make sure that your legs are grounded by using your legs and butt. Repeat.
WHY ARE KETTLEBELLS SO EFFECTIVE?
- The benefits with working out with a kettlebell are numerous but to mention a few - it is very effective to build strength, improve your endurance and flexibility and as most strength training result in weight loss
- Most of the kettlebell exercises are actually very similar to classic olympic lifts, however kettlebell lifts are much easier to learn
- They are also very suitable for speed and are therefore often used in crossfit workouts
- The shape of the kettlebell with the mass off-center actually forces you to movements that mimic everyday activities
STRENGTH TRAINING AT HOME
Classic Kettlebell 12kg - Black700 DKK
Classic Kettlebell 16kg - Black900 DKK
Classic Kettlebell 20kg - Black1 100 DKK
From a glance this is a traditional kettlebell. But it is not. This kettlebell has the new great feature of having a soft feel despite the fact it is still heavy, solid and very good balanced. This is the perfect kettlebell for home use when it will be a friend to floors and feet.
- Material: Nylon and Iron fillings, Steel handle with chrome finish, (PVC free).
- Specification: Soft Kettlebell comes in four weights - 6kg, 8kg, 12kg and 16kg
- Care: Clean only with damp cloth and air dry
Kettlebell soft 6 kg - Black600 DKK
Kettlebell soft 8kg - Black700 DKK
Kettlebell soft 12kg - Black900 DKK
Kettlebell soft 16kg - Black1 000 DKK