What drives you?
What drives me is the constant dream of something bigger for me than I thought was possible, and the reminder of why I moved across the world in first place. I live so far away from my family so another thing that drives me is to create the freedom of doing what I love and a life where I can see them more often at the same time. With the help of the attraction in our universe, attract and embrace the beautiful possibilities and opportunities in life. I believe I found my calling in helping people achieving their goals and motivate them to challenge themselves to get better. The hope of contributing to help this world in becoming a better place drives me. It starts with every individual action and the will to make a change.
What's next in training?
There are so many exercise trends that assures us they can help us reach our health goals. However, despite all the new technology, there are no apps that can give you the same motivation and accountability as a personal trainer can. The apps cannot see how you perform exercises as well as seeing the right form, which is key. I believe that we will focus more on functional training and create programs that can actually help us move easier in our everyday lives. This will give you a healthier life overall. I also think that we live in a very stressful society and more mind connected exercises, where we learn how to breath right and meditate, will play a bigger role in fitness. Pilates, is also a big trend right now that I think will continue to evolve. From beginners to athletes, Pilates can help you in one way or the other.
What makes you happy?
My family, friends, my boyfriend, my job, sunshine, the beach, training, are all things that make me happy every day. But my big secret to happiness is freedom. Everyone has a different perception of what their freedom is. I believe it is about creating a life where you can feel you can achieve anything. If I am not where I want to be at the moment, I remind myself that most of us are only one decision away from an opportunity to change that. Whenever I lose that feeling of freedom I know I have to change something or do something to make me feel free. I try to live by always following my gut feeling and everything will turn out the way it supposed to. Some days are harder than others, but that is life. Never stop trying to achieve the greatest level of your happiness.
How do you create balance in your life?
I listen to my body. I think that is the most important thing you can do because if you really listen, it will always tell you exactly what it needs. It can be hard sometimes, but when you connect with yourself on a deeper level you will know when you can push yourself harder or when you need rest. You will know the difference between simple lack of motivation and the actual need to regenerate. I think of it as 90/10 most of the time. If you treat your body well, with training and nutrition 90 percent of the time, you can allow yourself to be “off track” the other 10 percent without feeling any guilt. I think the ultimate balance is when you are happy with yourself both “on” and “off” track.
What’s one piece of kit you could not live without?
Resistance bands. It is perfect for muscle activation, warm up, a full workout, and they are easy to bring anywhere. Sometimes you will not have access to a gym and resistance bands are perfect to use for a full body workout without any need of other pieces of equipment.
What are your goals for the future?
My goals for the future is to continue to grow and be a better person and a trainer. I wish to be a motivation and inspiration to the people in my life and help them achieve their goals whatever they may be. I believe that the technology and social media is going to take us to more virtual engagement even between trainer and client, and I want to create a platform that can allow me to motivate and inspire there as well. My biggest goal is to open my own gym one day.
Who inspires you and why?
My biggest source of inspiration is all the other women that work so hard to make their dreams come true whatever they might be. I think it is amazing to be a part of this generation of women who are not afraid to go after what they want and speak up. All of them motivate me. Also the women that so selflessly try to make the best for the people that they love, including my mother, grandmother and fathers sister, who everyday motivate me to be the best person I can be, just by being who they are. Inspiration for me is also to try to look at my own journey and how far I have come. It starts within you and even though it is hard sometimes in this generation of social media influencers, we need to remind ourselves what we are capable of anything and try not to compare ourselves to others.